Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tribal Affair



Batik, Mexican Flair, and Indian inspired textiles, what do all of these textiles have in common? Well they are the latest trend to wear these textiles as accessories. I remember as a kid, my mother would wear batik textiles or she would have dresses made for my sister and I and we hated it, H-A-T-E, hated it. But now it's all the rage, I can't get enough of it, especially in my accessories. Ha! My mother saw my tribal woven necklace and shook her head saying: I was in fashion way before the trend. Ok, Mom.


I am too excited about this trend because there are enormous possibilities of wearing tribal flair, either in shoes, earrings, handbags,or bangles. Of course, I wouldn't suggest overdoing it, such as wearing all your accessories in tribal flair, it would literally be overkill and a fashion no-no. Just wear one or two pieces that are inspired by Batik, Mexican or Indian cultures and you're golden.


I wear my tribal flair either in a necklace, handbag, clutch or ring, not all at the same time but one at a time. I prefer rocking the trend this way because it allows the piece to have it's own center stage against your clothing as its backdrop. I don't like my accessories fighting with one another.




XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment